| Our Location and Directions
Why is this the "Best Fishing in all the interior of Alaska" ?
- Completely Private - only my guests can fish here, and the fish never leave.
- Managed for Fish First, Anglers second.
- Complete Ecosystem – In June, watch these big Rainbows spawn right in front of our office! End of July, watch new fish hatch!
- We supplement with about 1 thousand pounds of food. This is why we have such big fish. Most fish caught in 2012 were Rainbow Trout 20" to 30"!
Catch and release only, single barbless hooks, and has been for 16 years. This is why there are so many Rainbow Trout and Arctic Grayling!
- Never Combat Fishing! Never Crowded! We limit access to maintain quality fishing and a quality experience – Most times only one group per lake, and we do turn a lot of folks away. Any experienced Angler knows to maintain quality you must limit access.
- Not only is the fishing world class, but so is the scenery!
"Honestly, I have not had one person in the last 3 years tell me they have caught a bigger Rainbow trout than they caught here"
Kirk Martakis– owner
We do have a lot of Arctic Grayling here and quite a few over 18". But mostly you have to target them differently than the Rainbows, and the "bows" usually keep everyone's interest!
The only downfall here is you must fish with respect for our fish. We are very serious about how you fight them and especially handle them. You must use our 22" landing nets, and we will teach you "Graduate level Catch & Release" or we will handle them for you.
There is a great trail around both lakes, great open casting areas and well placed docks. Most people pick a dock and fish the whole time there. This is a great place for long flyfishing casting. No need for waders, easy walking for seniors, easy fishing for children too. This is an incredible place for experienced and learners. You are welcome to spin or jig fish, or our favorite, fly fish. We also have all the gear if you want, and fishing licenses too.
Fishing is fishing and no guarantees, Chavey Lakes is a pretty sure thing though.
All our fishing is strictly catch and release fishing using single barbless hooks. It is the only way to preserve this fragile arctic fishery and provide this level of access and experience, especially on Chavey Lakes. Experienced Anglers have an incredibly refreshing experience, yet our guides are wonderful at teaching the new angler. We provide all the gear. If you are highly experienced you will want your own flies, etc.
You are responsible for your Alaska Fishing License. One day license $20. We are a license vendor.
To Reserve: 50% of total trip/ remainder upon arrival
Refunds: Full Refunds for cancellations within our control. Full Refund up to 5 days prior to trip minus a small booking fee. Cancellations within 5 days ? no refund.
Special Custom tailored ice fishing Lake trout trips available February, March and April
If you are looking for accommodations in the Denali Area, see our lodging site!